Employment law advice from qualified experts
If you’re a business owner or manager looking for employment law advice, the team here at BirchDane would be delighted to help you. With offices in Wrexham, Nottingham and London, we’re perfectly placed to offer our employment law services to clients across all sectors and areas of the UK.
Knowing how the law affects you and your business is vital, and with legislation frequently being amended and updated, having a reliable source of advice ensures that you’re fully compliant at all times. Our flexible services allow you to access support according to your individual needs, and our rates are highly competitive with no compromise on quality.
Our employment law specialists are qualified paralegals and can work with you on a specific issue, on an on-going consultancy basis, or even step in to ensure that your paperwork and procedures are in-line with best practice and relevant legislation. Why not give us a call on 0330 088 4723 for an informal, no-obligation chat to see how we can protect your business and staff?
A comprehensive range of employment law services
As experts in our field, when you choose to BirchDane as your employment law partner, you can be confident that you have everything covered. It’s our job to keep pace with the changes, saving you the time and hassle of trying to manage this in-house – we do the hard work so you don’t have to.
Our services include:
- Contracts – when you take on a new member of staff, you need to ensure that the terms and conditions of their employment are clearly detailed in a contract of employment. We can guide you through the process, mitigating the potential risk of poorly prepared documents that can leave your business vulnerable.
- Maternity/paternity leave – your staff have rights when it comes to parental leave, even in the case of adoption. We can advise you on timescales, pay and all other related issues.
- Staff absenteeism – it’s impossible to stop people being ill, but with staff absence costing the UK economy in excess of £1billion per year, it’s important to manage illness and longer-term health issues effectively. We can help you to control your staff’s sick leave, as well as offering advice on bigger issues such as workplace stress, alcohol and drug misuse, and other health and safety matters that have a direct impact on attendance and productivity.
- Workplace conflict – with so many dynamics and personalities in the workplace, all businesses face grievances, disciplinaries or dismissals from time-to-time. We offer tailored advice and support in these areas, helping you to manage and resolve conflict, and reduce triggers to minimise the occurrence of these problems in the future.
- Discrimination and equal opportunities – employment law covers these very emotive ad sensitive issues; we’ll help you to accommodate for these aspects of employment to ensure you’re meeting your obligations.
- Redundancy – while it’s important that you comply with the legal element of managing redundancies, we can also offer advice on how best to support affected parties.
- Data protection – we’ll help you to find the best solution for the management and storage of employee details.
- Policies, procedure and employee handbooks – knowing the law is only part of the challenge – you also need to know the best way to apply it and provide any relevant information to those who work for you. Our advisors will ensure that your paperwork is perfect, protecting you from potential comebacks and developing clear, compliant and easy-to-understand communications for your staff.
Employment law made easy
Our legally qualified employment law consultants are here to make your life easier – your personally allocated specialist will explain everything in clear terms and work according to your exact requirements. We’re 100% committed to providing exceptional service standards, and our cost-effective advice will not only free your time to focus on other areas of business development, but will also prevent you from making mistakes that could have a negative impact on your organisation.
For more information about our employment law advice services, or if you require help with any aspect of HR management, please call our friendly team on 0330 088 4723 or email us here and we’ll get straight back to you.